The Dangers of Bug Bombs

Posted by Bed Bug Action Committee on Monday, December 20, 2010

By Heartland News

CAPE GIRARDEAU (KFVS) - One adult and five children went to the emergency room Monday night after inhaling fumes from a type of insect fogger. 

The incident occurred inside a unit at the Village on the Green Apartments on Sprigg Street.  According to a Cape Girardeau firefighter on the scene, the fumes came from bug bombs that were set off by someone inside a unit next door. 

The firefighter said the victims went to the emergency room in their personal vehicle.

The condition of the victims was not known.  Several firefighters were waiting at the apartment complex Monday night for the tenants to return from the hospital.

Bug bombs are typically cans of pesticide that spray out all at once.  They're used to kill insects and can cause headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and difficulty breathing if inhaled.   

Copyright 2010 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Make a Free Website with Yola.